08/14/2020 SWCA Classic Cup presented by CalPortland
SWCA's Classic Cup presented by CalPortland
(formerly known as "SWCA Golf Tournament")
Are you ready for Construction's biggest and best golf tournament?
The 2020 SWCA Classic Cup, presented by CalPortland, is set for its 44th year, on Friday, August 14 at Camas Meadows Golf Club.
Despite COVID, the tournament is sold out. In fact, all of our sponsorships are sold out as well! That said, if you're interested in a sponsorship: We'll get creative and help you out! Please contact Nelson with sponsorship questions.
Regardless of which phase of the Safe Start reopening protocol we are in at the time of the tournament, we'll need to continue practicing physical distancing, common sense and a few special changes in our tournament.
You?ll play all 18 holes at the beautiful Camas Meadows Golf Club. The tournament will be a tee-time start, with the first tee time at 8 a.m., followed in 10 minute intervals. All teams will tee off from No. 1.
In order to keep things moving, the tournament is still a scramble format, and that won't change.
Your "helpers" are included in the price of your team registration. The "Buy the Drive" hole will be No. 18, where you'll be allowed to hit free tee shots if you'd like, or simply spend time visiting with the hole sponsor before moving up to the drop zone, 135 yards from the green. You also get two mulligans per player. We'll have KP and Long Drive contests on the course, too. Many thanks to our KP sponsor Cadman and Long Drive sponsors Stellar J and CIC Credit and Screening.
Due to the guidelines in the Safe Start reopening, we won?t be able to gather before the tournament, or after. The tournament lunch will be provided by the Port of Vancouver USA and Schwabe Williamson & Wyatt and prepared by Camas Meadows Golf Club. These will be gourmet box lunches that players will pick up as they make the turn between 9 and 10. The box lunches include a sandwich and sides. If you need a vegetarian meal, please let us know and we'll accommodate your need.
Each hole sponsor will receive two lunches provided by Chick-Fil-A of Vancouver. These will be delivered to the holes by the SWCA Board President and Executive Director.
Special thanks go out to our presenting sponsor CalPortland, supporting sponsor Brown & Brown Northwest Insurance and to Camas Meadows Golf Club for hosting our 44th annual tournament.
Questions? Please let us know.
We look forward to seeing you on August 14!
CLICK HERE to download the program for the event.
CLICK HERE to download the course map for Camas Meadows Golf Club.
COVID Regulations for Golf
- Tee time starts, though the format is still a scramble
- Practice physical distancing, even outside
- Cups will have Styrofoam in them so that the ball will not drop all the way to the bottom of the cup. Leave pins in holes, do not touch the pins
- Please touch only your golf ball. Your swag bag has a brand new Sharpie in it for you to mark your ball
- Please wear a mask when you cannot maintain physical distancing
- Registration: One member of each team will register their players. Please mask up while check in and observe physical distancing while at registration
- Tournament programs will be pre-printed and placed in your swag bags
- No pre- or post-tournament gatherings (Lunch will be served in gourmet box lunches as your teams make the turn; Awards will be “presented” virtually in a video created by SWCA staff on Monday, Aug. 17, which will then be posted on social media and the SWCA website; Awards will then be delivered in person to the offices of the winners)
- There will not be a raffle during this year’s event. Instead, SWCA will conduct an online silent auction in late Bag drop and Driving Range shuttle normally provided by Camas Meadows will not be available. You are free to pick up driving range tokens at the registration table and use your own cart, or walk, to get to the driving range
- If you would like a solo cart, please let SWCA staff know NO LATER THAN AUGUST 7 in order to coordinate this.